The first week of summer vacation… sitting on the burning deck… sunglasses on…a tall icy glass of lemon water (or something)… catching up on the reading… If you’re anything like me (and many other teachers) summer break is a time for closure, renewal, and planning. To me it also feels like New Years. On that first official day of summer break I’m always making my list of summer resolutions:
- Exercise more
- Read one book everyday (ok… maybe every other day…)
- Spend one hour a day tackling house projects
- Take an online class
- Plan all of my displays for next year
- Do something new every week
- Cook more meals
- Clean out my photo library (again)
- Update my blog
- etc., etc., etc….
When I think of it, I actually make A LOT more summer resolutions than New Year’s resolutions. I’m also just now realizing why, about a week into break, I want school to be back in again. (This list looks like disappointment waiting to happen…)
So what’s that one summer resolution? How do you keep it?