- RSA Animate- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
- This short animation provides an overview of research about motivation by Daniel Pink in his book of the same title. If this research is correct what are the implications for education, for both teachers and students?
- “Take the world’s best online courses for free”
- Helping Girls Unlock Their Leadership Potential
- A great article from Edutopia. Includes a trailer for the movie Miss Representation, a film from 2011 which explores how the media (mis)represents women.
- Nothing to Prove
- Speaking of girl videos… This is so awesome! I actually got choked up watching it. If you are a girl, have girls, or know a girl you should watch it. (One word may be inappropriate for some audiences…)
- Primary Source Nexus
- A wonderful, searchable clearinghouse for primary sources. Includes a “Today in History” feature and lessons.
- A preliminary Report on the Teaching of Chapter Books/Novels grade 4-8
- I thought this blog post provided some interesting insight into others’ classroom. I recognize many of the titles as novels that are taught at EHUE.
- Mrs. P’s (actress Kathy Kinney’s) website includes links to (you tube) video storytelling, fun activities, contests and more.
- Scholastic Fall 2013 Online Preview
- New titles and series from Scholastic. Watch the preview video or read about the highlights on SLJ Blog.
- I use this browser plug-in all the time! De-clutters the webpage you are reading so that it’s easier to read the important stuff. This has been around for a while, but as my eyesight gets worse, and I’m reading more on my computer and electronic devices, I find myself using it more and more.
Thanks to the following for pointing me to the resources above: @TeachThought, Mr. Schu (@MrSchuReads), Joyce Valenza (@joycevalenza)